Welcome to an irreverent, not-at-all comprehensive blog about my couponing exploits in Montgomery County, Maryland, with some annoying cats sprinkled about. Try not to step on them; they get ever so cross. Also there may be some law stuff here and there, but not too much, because most law stuff is boring.
If bored, feel free to follow me on Twitter @madcatdisease
Note: Nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice. Trust me, you can find a better lawyer ANYWHERE.
Want a daily email on days that I post something on here? Just enter your email below, then confirm you really mean it by checking your inbox.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Staples Trip 1/3/12
Today I went to Staples. Oh, Staples. I have such a love/hate relationship with that place. I heart the rewards, but they're such a pain to redeem, since you can't use them on anything that you would receive rewards or a rebate on. If you do, you don't get the new reward. LAAAAAAME. So I always do two transactions: one using the rewards, and one earning the rewards.
- Bought 2 Sharpie permanent marker 12-packs, on sale for $3.00 each (Limit 2), regular price $5.00 each
- Bought 1 Staples gel wrist rest for my keyboard at work, $13.99 regular price.
- Bought 1 Staples gel wrist rest for my mouse at work, $12.99 regular price.
Used 1 $5/$25 in-store purchase coupon
And used $20 in Staples rewards earned in November and received in December
Spent $7.98 + $0.48 sales tax = $8.46 out of pocket
- Bought 2 Hammermill Copy Plus reams of 8.5x11 inch paper, $5.99 each regular price
Buy 1, Submit for $4.99 Easy Rebate, Limit 2
- Bought 1 Avery Heavy Duty view binder, 1 inch, $7.49 and 1 Avery Heavy Duty view binder, 2 inch, $10.99, regular prices
Buy any Avery Heavy-Duty view binder, get 100% back in Rewards*, Limit 4
Spent $30.46 + $1.83 sales tax = $32.29, will receive $18.48 in Staples rewards and $9.98 in a Staples rebate check by mail
$67.44 Total Shelf Price before any savings
- 4.00 Sales/discounts
- 5.00 Store coupons
= 58.44 Paid out of pocket ($20 with pre-existing Staples rewards)
- 28.46 Rewards/Rebates Received or to be Received
=$29.98 Final cost (55.5% savings)
Spent $38.44 + 2.31 sales tax = $40.75 total spent out of pocket. Will eventually receive $18.48 in Staples Rewards and $9.98 via a rebate check. Eventually. *tick tock tick tock*